UserEcho was attacked by DDOS attack. It continues to date, but we finalized the mechanisms of protection and are now able to withstand it. Size attacker botnet to date is approximately 4000 computers. Later we will tell more about the details of the incident. We are all users of apology that we were not available in 9 hours.
Added ability to create categories in forums, it’s allows users more flexible add order to feedback. You can add any of categories in each forum. Multilanguage also supported. by default categories displayed at right menu panel.
Admins now can works with feedback from main forum list or from search results. Now not need anymore to go inside each feedback to perform actions. All actions works using AJAX without all page refresh.It’s make editing and managing feedback more friendly and effective. And saves your time and bandwidth.
New feedback type
Added new type of feedback “NEWS” and now admins may inform users about project events, write news etc
Also all project now has corresponding RSS feed which displays all project activity and works like changelog. You can now signup to it with RSS reader and be in course what happening with your project.
For end-users addden new types of sorting like:
- Top rated - with biggest positive difference between up down votes
- Newest - ordered by creation date newest first
- Most commented - with biggest amount of comments first
- More upvotes - with more positive votes first
- More downvotes - with more negative votes first
- Most popular - with more total votes first
Logos of projects now saved in PNG format without quality loss
Now project logo clickable and leads to project website
Added ability to change password. Users can do this from user profile.
We glad to present new web 2.0 design for UserEcho, and we still in continuous improvement process
Now we can process payments with VISA/MC cards, bank accounts and Webmoney Admins now have option to configure number of feedback displayed per page
Tags in drop-down displayed in alphabetical order now
Added ability to rename tags
Now if user vote for feedback it’s starts automatically receive notifications about this feedback activity like new comments, status changes, etc.
UserEcho now uses Amazon cloud to serve static content. We improved UserEcho performance and now it uses Amazon S3 Cloud to serve widgets and static content. It's allows us provide fast response time for large projects with about 1000000 page views per day.
Now widget insertion code become asynchronous. It's allows faster loading times and separates widget and site content loading. Users must replace widget code on their websites to start using asynchronous loading
We have also improved the search of similar and duplicated feedback. Now it's become more relevant and faster. Results displayed like filtered feedback pages.
Admins now be able to choose in forum settings switch feedback sharing shortcuts ON/OFF. You can configure it in settings->forum->setup->show feedback sharing. It's useful for private forums.
We added user profile section. Over there users can change their details and notifications settings. More features will be available soon.
Added new types of notifications. Now admins will receive notifications about other admins activity.
HTTPS support for widgets, now our customers can place our widgets on SSL secured websites. We become certifyed by Geotrust. it's free for all service plans
Private staff discussions:
New feature private discussion on feedback for project owners and staff.
TAGS - Structuring information:
Added new feature support for tags. Now admins can create tags for project and then assign it to the feedback. This allows more structured feedback representation. Filtering by tags is also available.
And much more
- Users now able to edit own feedback and comments. It's possible in two hours after it creation to change or fix errors.
- admins able to edit users comments
- now default sort for feedback is order by most popular
- added new status for THANKS type of feedback
updated feedback and comment submit forms to avoid duplicate submits. Now when users submits them, submit button dissapears and users watch submit progress indicator
added dynamic autogrowing text areas when writing comments
- new type of notifications "feedback merge"
- now when users create feedback, UserEcho automatically adds +1 vote for his feedback.
- Admins and staff now able merge duplicating feedback
Your project has a community who speak different languages? Now you don't need to have separate support forums. No more duplicates of feedback, between language versions. People who speak different languages will see and discuss the common ideas!
We added true multi language feedback support to UserEcho it's unique feature for this moment. You can freely add and edit feedback translations for different languages that used by your support forums.
And users will see feedback in their language. Comments for feedback will be auto translated with Google translate API.
Most important updates are:
We completely rewrote our internal search engine. Now it's more faster, added support of words stemming for English and Russian version. Search for similar feedbacks will starts search when user typing new feedback. This increase value of quality feedback and helps to avoid duplicates.
added support for Dutch(Nederlands) language (view)
- filters on project page become more advanced
- for now, instead overall amount of votes, system displays difference beetween positive and negative votes
- "captcha" not required now for autorized users on feedback submit form
- for now, users have ability to edit their feedback and comments until 2 hours after submitting feedback
- ability to delete account
- new status for "thanks" feedback, that allow hide old "thanks" in active feedback filter
- admins now can edit customer comments
- more informative email notification for new "feedback/comment" became available for all paid plans
March updates to UserEcho are:
We add special service where users can help us with UE localization (view)
- ability to assign forum language
- link widget
- abillity to turn off/on anonymous feedback posting and voting for forums
- autosearch when user start entering feedback
- list of official representatives displays now on project page
- add coloring scheme to feedback statuses
- internal modal windows now displays correctly at center
- Full German support now (view) , thanks to Malte L.
Design developer Tjey joined our team and soon we all can see beautiful transfiguration of UserEcho design
- Private forums now available to owners of Simp service plan
- Redesigned popin block, now it have displays most popular feedback and have ability to post own feedback from popin
- Added options to modify popin text and background colors
- Ability to limit anonymous feedback and voting for forums
- Integration with social translating service Transifex, we able to add new languages support more faster
- invites for unregistered users when adding admins
- Redesigned tab navigations menus on site
New features over Free plan is
Hosted on your url - Make sure your customers never leave their experience of your site by putting it on your own domain, at a URL such as http://support.yourcompany.com/. Get all the search engine optimization (SEO) benefits of having all this great content pointing customers back to your own site.
Private forums - Ability to limit forum access by email or email mask
User enabled moderation - Users can report spam,inapropriate comments and feedback and you moderate reported items from admin interface
Simp plan enabled in Free trial mode now it's will be active until we add payment gateway
Customer support service by UserEcho